MEI BNR (Bank Note Recycler)
The BNR, with four denomination cash recycling, a secure loader cassette and a modular design is the optimal product for self checkout, payment kiosk, QSR and retail payment applications when cash needs to be accepted and dispensed to customers. It provides superior ROI from reductions in float, labor, shrink, cash handling and ownership costs.
- BNR accepts cash from one customer, denominates the notes and stores the currency by value on four independent recyclers.The BNR offers a robust and innovative solution to the challenges of total cash handling at each step of the cash management process. The BNR delivers new levels of cash security and accounting traceability. It significantly limits human cash interaction and the redundant labor steps. Thanks to four denomination recycling, BNR reduces the total volume of cash handled by:
- The four denominations provide best change to the customer, minimize the volume of note handling and prolongs lane up time. Four denominations also allows for cash back functionality with the standard ATM dispensed note value.
- All end of day funds are stored in a single locked cashbox with audit data.
- Eliminating the need for up to 90% of start up float requirements compared to separate note validation and dispense systems.
- Reducing the volume of cash handled by up to 50% and facilitates a closed loop cash management process.
Total Cash Handling – The BNR Solution
In todays retail environment cash flows from the consumer to the retail establishment’s accounts in a complicated multistage process. This process, known as cash management or total cash handling, is an expensive and challenging necessity for stores to manage. Many attempts have been made to develop procedures that link the discrete events of the process and provide accountability throughout. Unfortunately, even the best of these efforts place the store at risks of loss. These losses can occur from the multiple human interactions with funds and un-secured cash storage as well as the expenses of redundant accounting steps and significant time investment. Loading, emptying and reconciling cash, cash tied up as float, the associated bank and CIT fees, the in store cash security and the errors, shrink and resource drain all take a toll on a business’s bottom line. Historically, there was no comprehensive answer that provided stores with a cost effective, secure and easy to use solution to cash management.
Now, MEI offers a robust and innovative solution to the challenges of total cash handling with the BNRTM. The BNR (Bank Note Recycler) was designed from the ground up to provide all of the cash handling ability of a fully attended lane in an automated system with added security and cash management benefits. With ground breaking features including a lockable loader cassette, four denomination note recycling, a secure cashbox and fully linked accounting capabilities the BNR can manage cash from the start up through CIT pickup. Start up float is provided in the locked loader cassette which initializes the system and is validated using advanced recognition technology. All daily cash transactions are optimized and simplified by a single device that accepts cash from one customer and recycles the funds as change for the next. End of day funds are accounted for electronically and safely stored in a single locked cashbox. The BNR also dramatically reduces the total volume of cash in the system compared to current self check out technology. Start up float is minimized through the use of cash recycling. The quantity of small notes is lowered through best change algorithms. Enabling the cash back function inherent in the system further lowers the volume of end of the day cash by allowing consumers to transfer funds from their accounts to the store and have the BNR provide them cash. The BNR facilitates a closed loop cash system, delivers new levels of cash security and accounting traceability and significantly limits human cash interaction and the redundant labor steps allowing stores to simplify their cash management process and increase profitability.